Rules of Play
Big Wish Lottery 2024:
- Players must be 18 years of age or older and be in Ontario at the time of purchase to be eligible to win.
- Tickets are purchased online at bigwishlottery.ca, in person at the Group Health Centre with Trust Fund staff and/or volunteers, or over the phone.
- The total tickets available will be 12,000
- Ticket Prices:
- 1 ticket for $25
- 2 tickets for $45
- 4 tickets for $85
- Ticket sales will run from November 6, 2023, at 3:00 pm until February 1, 2024, at 2:30 pm.
Grand prize draws (1 – 3) will take place at 3:00 pm on February 1, 2024.*
- *If less than 7,000 tickets are sold by February 1, 2024, at 2:30 pm, ticket sales will continue until February 29, 2024, at 2:30 pm, with the grand prize draws taking place at 3:00 pm.
- The early bird draw cut-off is December 29, 2023, at 2:59 pm. All 15 early bird draws will be conducted on Friday, December 29, 2023, at 3:00 pm, and three early bird winners will be announced each Friday between December 29, 2023, and January 26, 2024. All tickets purchased prior to the early bird cut-off will be eligible for all 15 early bird draws.
- Every valid ticket number is eligible to win each grand prize draw. If the valid ticket is purchased before December 29, 2023, at 2:59 pm, the ticket is eligible to win every early bird draw as well. Winning a previous draw does not disqualify a ticket number from winning subsequent draws.
- There is no limit to the number of tickets that can be purchased by any one individual.
- Tickets are only valid from the moment of purchase and are not valid for any draws that occur prior to the purchase.
- The winning ticket is chosen randomly through the BUMP 50:50 Electronic Raffle System.
- A winning ticket holder does not need to be present at the time of the draw to win.
- All winning ticket numbers will be posted to bigwishlottery.ca following the draw and remain posted for a minimum of 30 days.
- By purchasing a ticket, you agree to allow us, The Group Health Centre Trust Fund, and its licensed gaming suppliers providing services to this program, the right, if you are a prize winner, to use and publicly disclose your name, municipality of residence, image, photograph and likeness as a prize winner in any means required by the terms of our lottery license and/or that we consider appropriate for purposes of administering and promoting the lottery, without notice, review or approval or additional compensation to you.
- The winner must provide his/her name, address, and phone number with picture identification for validation to claim their prize.
- Prizes will be awarded to the primary ticket holder (the first name that appears on the ticket). In the event of a group win, in trust win or any win involving multiple individuals, any transfer of prizes must happen independently of the Group Health Centre Trust Fund.
- Once the certified winner is verified and provides identification with a photo ID, they will be given a cheque in the amount of the declared prize (in Canadian Funds). All prizes will be delivered to the winner or sent via a registered trackable mail service.
- Group Health Centre Trust Fund employees, spouses and dependents are not eligible to enter the draw or win any of the draws. The Sault Ste. Marie and District Group Health Board of Directors and the GHC Executive Team, their spouses and dependents are not eligible to win any of the draws but may purchase a ticket for an individual other than their spouse or dependent.
- All prizes will be awarded as described in the rules of play. In the event that a partnered business is no longer able to offer a gift card to their business, the winner will be paid in Canadian funds equal to the value of the described prize.
- If you need help or support with a gambling problem, call ConnexOntario (Ontario Problem Gambling Helpline), 24/7 at 1-888-230-3505.